More Good Words About Nia

I received the following email from a Nia student this morning. I thought I'd share it's wonderful message:

Jason
I feel tremendous joy and aliveness when moving in a Nia class.
I tap into an inner strength & passion & fiery nature that lies dormant when I am not in class.
Also my negative body image ( feeling overweight) seems to magically disappear when I feel the rush of energy go through all my body parts.
Being an artist, and having had a dream of being a dancer since I was a child, the creative aspects of Nia are a powerful outlet for me, and I get to fulfill my dream of being a dancer. The excitement that my whole being feels is what keeps me coming back.
Often dealing with art materials, the materials or the fear of the materials become an obstacle.
When the body is your instrument, there are no "materials" there, just your body as pure instrument where instinct can manifest itself.I might add that I also feel a sexual vitality through Nia- combining sensual, aggressive, lyrical moves covers a wide territory of sexual expression.
As I have said before, my one frustration is that it doesn't seem to have a "carry over" effect for me in the rest of my life.
When in motion ( as long as I can more or less follow the steps) I do not question myself. The breath of life flows through me. My heart beats fiercely.
When not in motion, I tend to get literally stuck in psychological, emotional, spiritual & physical stagnation. This is a challenge to overcome.
But also why Nia for me it is such a release/relief of pent up energy and a reaffirmation that I exist, as you would put it, "in my own unique way".

I don't know that this is terribly well written, but those are my early morning/insomniac thoughts.
thanks Jason, for all the JOY!
Jason here: I couldn't have said it better myself. I always say, as you pointed out, that everyone is unique and therefore will have a unique experience of themselves in Nia. The one common thread, though, is the Joy of Movement. That's what Nia is all about and why so many people love it so much. Thanks for writing. Thanks for enJOYing Nia.

Anyone interested in joining us in Nia class, click on the Nia logo below to go to Class Schedule, find a class that fits into your life and come on in. Kick off your shoes and join the fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching