Scallops Make Waves


This morning I weighed in and was back on my weight loss kick. My body weight shot back down to lower than it was before I ate the bread. 

In all fairness, before I jump to conclusions, I wonder if the exercise, as light as it was, might still have had some effect on the inflammation. I can’t ignore the fact that the only day that I showed any significant weight gain since starting to measure was also the only day I did any exercise. 

I happened to eat the slice of bread on the same day. So, I’m going to retest the exercise, on a friendly-food only day and hopefully rule it out as a cause of the weight gain.

Today I’m testing scallops. I don’t really like nor dislike scallops, but I chose them because they’re a seafood and I’m trying to get iodine into my life. Since I’m not much of a fan of most sources, I’m looking around for new ones I can get into. Hence testing scallops for reactivity.

Unfortunately, I think I pulled a bone head move and I bought bay scallops instead of sea scallops. I actually didn’t know there was a difference (I’m not a big scallops guy), I just bought scallops. It wasn’t until I was online, looking up ways to prepare them, that I discovered what I had. So now, I wonder if these aren’t as high in iodine as the ones from the sea. Oh well, I’ll try them and see if I like them and if they like me. And if it’s a mutual yes then I can try the sea scallops next time.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, the next morning the scale showed a weight gain of 0.4 pounds. This would indicate a mild reactivity to scallops. So for now, I guess I’ll leave scallops off the friendly list and maybe test them again in the future. They were good, but nothing that I’d miss if I never had again. 

The only thing that disturbs me about this news is that I was hoping to find a nice, delicious and friendly source of iodine. Scallops are delicious and a good source of iodine, but unfortunately, unfriendly to me. And in this case, 2 out of 3 isn’t enough.

So I’m going to have a friendly day, today, with a bit of light exercise: exactly like I did on Day 8.

In the morning, I suspect I will register another weight loss, thereby acquitting the exercise from culpability for that day’s weight gain and putting all of the blame squarely onto the wheat bread.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching