Needles to Van Nuys

We took our time getting out of Needles and pretty much drove straight through to Van Nuys. I stopped once to break up the monotony and another time to refuel, but other than that I tore up the Interstate.

When I stopped for gas, I was following CA-18, and I didn't realize it until after I gassed up and was getting back on the highway but I was at the junction with US-395, another one of my favorite highways. I didn't go off course, though. I only drove on US 395 for about 100 yards in between the gas station and CA-18. One day I still want to take 395 from one end to the other.

The main thing on my mind today was incredible tooth pain. It started mildly yesterday. So mild that I quickly forgot about it. But today it wasn't so easy to ignore and forget about. I thought I had something lodged in my teeth, so I fussed with it with my tongue and swished water around in my mouth, but nothing helped.

I've had my suspicions about this one spot in my upper right back molars. There's what seems to be a widening gap between them, and it catches food a lot. I've told dentists about it before and they haven't found any decay or anything wrong. But now this is the spot where the pain is coming from. I think. It's kind of hard to pinpoint. But it's strong. It feels like there's a spike in my cheekbone. I am considering making an emergency dentist appointment for Tuesday, when I'm in Santa Barbara. It's really the only time I can think of that I would be able to leave Rive somewhere while I went to the dentist.

If the pain goes away, maybe I can wait until I get home. It's only ten more days. Maybe, if I call now, ten days from now would be the earliest I could get, anyway. I just hope I don't have to deal with this pain constantly. It takes so much energy.

I left a message for a dentist that has an office literally around the corner from my aunt's house. It might work out that I could leave River in her house while I have the tooth worked on. I hope she gets back to me and says that she can fit me in on Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime, I'll be applying Thieves Oil.

I'm so glad I was traveling west today. There were three separate traffic jams going the opposite direction. Two, on one lane highways, due to road construction, and one that looked more chronic, as I was entering L.A. around 4:30 on a Friday afternoon, LOADS and LOADS of cars were very slowly leaving.

I'm staying in my second Studio 6 of the year. It seems so luxurious having a separate bathroom and separate kitchen. It's a suite! Suite 6.

This is in the heart of the San Fernando Valley. There's nothing quite like it. It's urban sprawl for as far as the eye can see. Activity is around every corner. After checking into our room, I took River around the block. Suite 6 is on Sherman Way, a busy, major street. (I don't hear anything; my room faces the pool.) But right around the corner is a quiet residential neighborhood. River found enough to smell in half a block and was ready to saunter back to the room.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching