Western Road Trip through the eyes of Nia

I started this trip the next day after a Wisdom Comes Dancing playshop with Phillipe and Sabine.
It was a beautiful send-off to a long and eventful Nia adventure.

I taught my latest routine, Frankie Say Nia in 22 cities:
Forest Grove, OR
Eugene, OR
Nevada City, CA
Campbell, CA
San Diego, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Flagstaff, AZ
Durango, CO
Albuquerque, NM
Santa Fe, NM
Austin, TX
San Antonio, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
Houston, TX
Dallas, TX
Kansas City, MO
Lyons, CO
Boulder, CO
Boise, ID
Spokane, WA
Bellingham, WA

Eight of the engagements listed above were at places I had never been before. The rest were return engagements.

In addition to that, I taught my FreeDance Playshop three times and a Choreography Co-Creation playshop three times. In one city, I focused on teaching the local teachers my Rock & Roll Nia routine. In another city I participated in a teacher Jam and in another I battled it out with a fellow teacher, pitting my classic 80's songs against her 80's cover songs. Along the way, I took a few classes from other teachers as well, including a Move IT class taught by Mark Frossard.


This video was put together by a student in Forest Grove. 




 FUN LINKS:




Video posted on Facebook from my class in Albuquerque




Blog post about my visit to Campbell, including FreeDance Playshop and Frankie Say Nia routine.

After class in Phoenix, AZ

the "Tidal Wave" in Boulder, CO

After a FreeDance Playshop in Lyman, WY

Post Frankie Power in Albuquerque, NM

Post Nia Claw Hand Power in Durango, CO

Sweaty Personal Power in Nevada City, CA

80's Nia fashion poses in San Diego, CA

Teacher Jam in Houston, TX

Originals vs. Covers: Nia Duel in Dallas, TX

Frankie Say Nia at 6am in Houston, TX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats