What is the Real Problem?

Pardon me while I rant for a bit:
If I meet violence with violence, then I've solved nothing but have simply continued the problem. When someone insults me, and my first reaction is to top them with a better, sharper barb, I stop and remind myself that I want to return love to them as they are showing me how much pain and conflict they have inside. Any retaliation would only make everything worse. I just got called a despicable apologist (and worse) for suggesting that to kill a Nazi makes one no better than the Nazi. I wish they could hear themselves saying "Killing Nazis? Count me in!" (Just substitute the word 'jew' or 'fag' for Nazi and you can start to hear yourself how I hear you.) One person was so deaf to his own rants that when he said that Nazis "deserved to die" because "they killed my people" he could not appreciate the reality that I pointed out, "by your logic, once you kill a Nazi, their families are completely justified in killing you." Where does it end?
It ends when someone decides to take the higher road and stop killing. It will be reliant on the more intelligent, the stronger and the more evolved among us to bring this to an end by refusing to lower themselves to the levels of the basic, ignorant, fearful murderers. We need to educate and nurture those that are so frightened that they forget that we're all humans and we all deserve to live in peace our own way, as long as we don't encroach on the life and liberty of others. And I'm talking about BOTH sides.
The people I was debating with today are otherwise decent, liberal people who seem to have lost their way and are so blinded by their rage that they actually believe it is OK to end the life of someone else as long as that person belongs to a group that has committed the same heinous crime of murder. I did my best to explain to them that anger, hatred and killing was the problem, not the solution, but I sadly bowed out when they saw my arguments as being sympathetic to Nazis and the attacks on me got personal.
So I am imploring all sane-minded liberals to keep their wits about them. Please avoid debasing yourself to epithets and, even worse, threats of physical violence. Otherwise you have no platform to stand on when you are behaving exactly like the people you claim to be in disagreement with.

Image result for peace sign begins within

Comments

Aleksandra Nova said…
Really Jason? Is that what you did to me when I was losing my mind?

---Alya
Alya,
I didn’t know what you were going through but I did feel like it was out of touch with any reality that I knew of. I also felt very strongly that whatever was happening with you was tied intimately to me (or perhaps to “us”).
So I distanced myself and gave you the space I felt you needed.
I hope you are doing well these days. I did enjoy the times we spent together.
Love
Jag

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching