Surprising Results From Some of My Favorite Foods

I’ve been toying around with more food testing.

I have to admit, I haven’t been following the program to the letter, like I was before, so any results referred to on this page must be taken with a grain of salt, as there may be many factors involved that could affect the outcome. 

I spent a day eating the way I learned to on The Plan, favoring all friendly foods and only having one animal protein per day. On the first weigh-in, I wasn’t surprised to show a significant weight loss.

The second day, I continued on the same basic trajectory, but with dinner, I had a slice of lasagna. I think it’s important to note that it was fresh-made lasagna. All of the ingredients were hand-made with organic and humanely raised, local ingredients. I was surprised to show a weight loss for that day as well.

I suspect that a similarly sized piece of lasagna from the frozen section of the grocery store may have shown different results. 

The following day, the wild card I chose was to eat Thai food from a local restaurant. Since this restaurant makes no claims to the contrary, I have to assume that neither the veggies, nor the rice or noodles were organic, nor was the meat from a humane source. 

The following day, the scale showed that I had gained weight. 

From a purely objective point of view, I would have thought that the lasagna, with its meat and cheese and pasta and significant lack of vegetables would have been more inflammatory than the thai food, which was loaded with vegetables and free of dairy products.  But the scale told me differently. 

The next day I was back on track except that late in the evening, I ate a half a pint of Haagen Daas Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. And the next day, the scale told me I was back to losing weight. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that the amount of ice cream wasn’t enough to counteract the positive benefits of the way I was eating the rest of the day.

As I said in the beginning of this post, these results are a bit dicey as I was not careful to control all of the possibly contributing factors, but I am very fascinated by the possibilities suggested by this initial data and will be interested to learn more through more experimentation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching