Transformation 2011 - Day 10

Today is the tenth day of my 30-Day Transformation.
I was looking forward to this because it was the first day I allowed myself to really take a look at what I was doing and compare to myself ten days ago.  I can see changes and improvements, but it’s on a very small scale.  I’m encouraged by seeing a bit more muscle definition and a bit less accumulated belly fat. I’m also really encouraged, and have been for days, by how much better I’m feeling now than I felt two weeks ago when I wasn’t exercising and I was eating lots of holiday cookies and packaged foods.
For only ten days, the changes are just what I’d expect.  It’s really hard to make significant changes to your body, so you have to look really closely to see small steps along the way.  I know that one of the best ways to remain encouraged is to do videos like the ones I”m doing or to use a favorite pair of pants to fit into. I don’t recommend using the scale, because there’s so much more involved with weight than fat, but a tape measure would be good, if properly placed. 

The thing is, let’s be honest.... I’m not concerned with how much I weight.  If someone sees me with my shirt off, they’re not thinking, “wow, I bet he’s 167 pounds...”  No, they’ll be looking at what shape I’m in. So, I think pictures or video footage is the best way to gauge progress. 

So I’m going to keep doing what I’ve been doing, because it seems to be working.
Today I’m going to do a light yoga sequence to gear my body up for my third cycle of workouts. Today is light yoga, tomorrow is my moderate intensity workout and then on Friday, I’ll go intense again.
Breakfast:
Oatmeal made with milk,
blueberries and cinnamon with a dollop of coconut oil
three fried eggs
Snack:
handful of blueberries and walnuts
Lunch:
salmon on mixed greens with chick peas
olive oil and vinegar
Snack:
cashews
goji berries
Dinner:
Spinach salad with carrots, cucumbers, avocado, falafel, egg, and red peppers
with olive oil and vinegar
Snack:slice of ezekiel bread with honey
brazil nuts, a banana, an egg, and dried apricots

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching