Transformation 2011 - Day 5

Today is a rest and recovery day.  I worked hard on Wednesday and even harder yesterday, and today I can really feel it in my body.  I woke up feeling stiff and sore.  Not unbearably so, but enough to feel. 
I drank my morning glass of water and rolled my joints.  (hehehe.  That’s a little play on words. I didn’t really smoke any pot this morning) But I did my joint movement like I showed you on Day 1. And the feeling was much different than it was when I did it on Day 1. Even though I did almost the same movements, the relief I felt was much more profound because my body needed to unwind from all the hard work it’s been doing. 
True muscle soreness from exercise (or any hard work) usually starts to set in anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. It’s different from person to person, but usually consistent for each person. For me, I always feel it almost exactly 24 hours after my workout and it usually lasts for about 12 hours. Considering how I feel now, I have a feeling I’m going to be pretty sore at about 2pm today.
In addition to repeating my joint movement session, I also rolled around a bit on my Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls. f you don’t know what these are, you might be interested in watching this video. 

I love these balls and I use them all the time. Most people who I show them to want to buy a pair for themselves immediately. It’s the easiest way to get a quick massage, whenever you need it.  I always take a pair with me when I travel; they’re indispensable for long flights. 
I also use the balls in many of my classes. I sell them for $5 each, or if you don’t live near me, you can also buy them directly from Yoga Tune Up® through their website:

10:00am Breakfast:
Tablespoon of cashew butter
half a chicken breast 
drizzled with olive oil
2:00pm Lunch:
grilled norwegian salmon
steamed mixed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and broccoli)
mashed sweet potatoes
Around 2 oclock, I started to feel the soreness.  And the good news is that I’m feeling sore in my torso. I feel like I got more work in my chest and back this time and didn’t favor my shoulders as much.
4:45pm Dinner:
handful of almonds
chicken breast cooked in olive oil
w cayenne and turmeric
Tbsp of tahini
2/3 oz of jack cheese
7:45pm Snack:
black beans
steamed mixed vegetables
I brought myself a snack to eat at the theater, which was a good idea, because after the show, I got home and was able to get by without having another meal.  I did have a bit of a pang, so I picked up a Larabar on the way home.
These things are great.  They’re healthy and they taste like candy bars.  Have you heard of them or had one?  I recommend you check them out.  I had the Ginger Snap flavor tonight, but I think my favorite is the Pecan Pie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching