Transformation 2011 - Day 25

This morning, all I had for breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with a handful of goji berries.
But this clearly wasn’t enough because by noon I was famished.  Usually I don’t feel hungry again for another hour or so.  Mental note: Bigger Breakfast is Better.
So I made myself a pork chop with roasted carrots and fennel on a bed of raw baby spinach drizzled with olive oil and salt.  About an hour later, I felt like I needed a little something more so I grabbed two handfuls of trail mix with raw nuts and seeds, dried apples, dates and raisins. 
Around four pm I did an extended Flow with a focus on postural restructuring, and I heated up some of my chicken breast in peanut curry and served it on a bed of olive oil drizzled baby spinach.
I had a tuna nicoise salad around 7pm. This was on Romaine lettuce with hard boiled egg, tomato, red bell peppers, olives and, of course, tuna.  With a vinaigrette dressing.
Then, as always on night that I’m performing, I had a few peanuts and a glass of “wine” which was actually just grape juice. 
When I came home from the theater, I made myself some oatmeal with peanut butter and honey and had that with some trail mix.

There are five more days left of my thirty-day documentation, and a lot has happened.  Tomorrow will be my first day of working out again since my body went off-kilter, so I'm curious to see what happens.  I'm planning to do it pretty much first thing in the morning.

Of course, my program continues indefinitely.  Its not that I'm only doing this for thirty days, but I'm only keeping a blog if for the thirty days.  The main purpose of doing this was to demonstrate how I could take a body that only needed to lose "those last few pounds" that so many people struggle with, and give you an idea of the steps that I take to do that.

I hope this is informative for you, and maybe a bit educational as well.

I will confess, it has been a great experience for me, because I have found myself relying on the accountability to keep me on track.  There has been many days when I felt like not working out or when I felt like spontaneously digging into something unhealthy, but knowing I would have to blog about what I did that day, kept me honest.  I ended up working out as scheduled or only eating foods I would be proud of listing on my blog.

And then, of course, we are fortunate that at one point I found my body was overtaxed and I needed to take care of it, I am thankful that I was blogging when this happened, because it forced me to be objective and treat myself as I would my own client.  Who knows?  If I weren't blogging, and no one was watching, I may have tried to convince myself that I was invincible and just workout right through the pain. 

At the end of my thirty-day cycle, I'm planning to do another video comparison, but in the meantime, I still have a few more days to blog.

...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Nude Stretching