Rockin the Living Sage in Pullman



Circa 7:30pm 
(exact time TBA)

This Classic Rock Nia routine focuses on the low, middle and high planes with the intention of gettin' down, chillin' out and gettin' high.

ROCKIN was created by Jason Alan Griffin. It was originally inspired by Helen Terry's routine to the Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, and by Bill Stewart setting a classic Nia routine to Rock n Roll music. I experienced them both in the same weekend at Soma Ranch and it took me to places I hadn’t yet gone in my Nia practice. I came back from that weekend newly inspired and I immediately went to work on what eventually became ROCKIN. I wasn't able to recreate Bill or Helen's choreography, but I made it my own, so we will rock out to Pink Floyd, The Doors, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin and more rock favorites from the 60s and 70s.

(check out this bootleg video someone captured of me teaching Rockin in Olympia, Washington.)


Black Belt Jason Alan Griffin has loved teaching Nia since 1996. After teaching Nia and enjoying an acting and modeling career in New York City for more than a decade, he has recently relocated to Seattle and got a dog and a Mini Cooper and is now traveling around the country spreading the Nia love.


Contact Beth Waddel or Jason for more information

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats