Surprising Results from Testing Quinoa and Pork Chops


Even after my quinoa breakfast yesterday morning, I showed a weight loss on the scale this morning, so I get to move quinoa over to the friendly foods column.

I’m also free to test another new food today. I wasn’t exactly prepared for this. In the past, I haven’t had this much luck with the foods I’m testing and have had to interject rest days to wait for the inflammation to subside. But now, with four passes in a row, I’m out of foods to test. 

That’s not to say I have no more plans to test foods, it's just that I don’t have any available in the house right now. But I’ll hit the store a bit later and find something I can test today.  In the meantime, I’m enjoying my flax seed granola for breakfast and vegetable soup and salad for lunch.

************

Ok, I’ve returned from the store and have decided that tonight will be the night I finally test pork chops. 

I’ll reveal the results in the morning.

Tuesday
*******zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz******
Wednesday


Wow, first of all I want to say that I love pork chops. YUM Sorry, Mom, but growing up I never had a good one. I don’t know if the difference is that I only buy happy pork from humane sources, and you always just got them from the grocery store, or if there is a big difference in the cooking methods, but the ones that I make are so juicy and tender and full of flavor.

And... NOT INFLAMMATORY!!  I’m actually a bit surprised, because pork is one of those foods that tends to be highly inflammatory for lots of people. I guess I’m not one of them.  At least not for chops. I'm well aware that slow cooked beef can be inflammatory when steaks are not, so I deduce that the same would be true for pork. This morning, my weight was down again, which indicates no inflammation and that I can include pork chops in my friendly, weight-loss, happy body diet, but perhaps pork roast, which would require a separate test, won't fare as friendly. Remains to be seen, of course.

It’s interesting to learn that I can safely eat pork chops and unsalted potato chips on my ‘diet’, but if I eat tomatoes or wheat bread, I’ll gain weight.

So, much to my surprise, I’m in a position to do another food test today.

The other day I was looking over my notes as I entered my body weight into my chart. And I noticed that I showed a bit of a weight loss on the day that I was testing my Capitol Hill Bars with all the nuts and dried fruits.  I was surprised because, I was considering those bars as having failed the test. I was confused until I went back and read my blog entry for that day. I had forgotten that I experienced a return of a mysterious back pain that occasionally haunts me. It hadn't been bothering me for weeks and then, the day after eating the bar, it was back. So I considered that information more important than the small amount of weight loss (which was only 0.2 pounds). 



But now I think this calls for at least giving the Capitol Hill Bar a second test to make sure I have repeatable results. I wouldn't want to condemn a healthy snack under false pretenses. 

So today I’m having a Capitol Hill Bar as my afternoon snack and the rest of the day's food will all be from the ever-growing friendly list.

I'm interested to take note of two things tomorrow. One is that I'm curious if my weight loss trend will continue at almost a pound every day, or will it finally come to a halt by only showing a measly loss of 0.2 pounds. Or perhaps even a gain if it truly is an inflammatory culprit. And the second thing is I'll be looking for a return of that pain in my back.

If neither of those markers indicate inflammation tomorrow, then I can exonerate the Capitol Hill Bar and add them back into my life. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats