Locating the Lost Abs

I've been on the road for three weeks and adjusting gradually to life on the road.

One of the things that offers a great challenge, even in the best of situations, is eating healthy and finding the time and motivation for exercising. Yesterday, I took a picture of my belly for someone who requested it on Facebook and was shocked to see that my abs were covered with flab.

I'll be 50 years old in 23 days.   So I've made myself a challenge:
To take steps toward reclaiming my abs before my 50th birthday.

I'm going to start with two very basic steps.  One is to do daily ab exercises.  I do feel like my abdominal muscles are strong, I can feel them under there. But building them up more can't really hurt the cause.



The second, and I think more important step is that I'm going to swear off of eating junk food and candy out of the vending machines late at night. It's very clever how Motel 6 always places those vending machines where you can see them as you check in.  And I'm highly suggestible after a long day. But no more. I'm putting my foot down and making a commitment to having no more vending machine snacks.

I'll check back in after a few days of this to see if it's having any effect.  Here is the picture I took that started the whole thing.
May 22, 2016
Ok, so now it's been three days.  Three nights of skipping my midnight junk food snack, and three mornings of 100 crunches. I took this picture in the mirror this morning. I don't know if I'm just psyching myself out, but it does seem like I'm noticing a difference already. I'll keep at it and will hopefully continue to see improvement.  So far, what I think I see is that there is a little bit less flab in general, and the muscular cuts are barely starting to show. What do you see?
May 25, 2016

I haven't stopped eating my burgers or BBQ, and have made no other changes besides elimination of the vanding machine and adding some exercise first thing in the morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats