Oregon Coast

US 101


Oswald West State Park has a free parking lot with a lush trail to the beach.
We took the creek-side trail 

and crossed over some logs


and through lots of green muddy trails to finally arrive at the beach.
Oswald West State Park

We also stopped at Manzanita, OR for some easy beach access.

Most of the best coastline is State Park. I think the best way to do the coast would be to have an all access pass to the state parks and drive up or down visiting each one.

I love driving through Depoe Bay, "The World Smallest Harbor".
And I love the Seal Rocks. And the Sea Lion Cove. And Devil's Punchbowl.
But today we stopped in Waldport for some easy and free parking and no crowds.

Dinner was at another tavern that offered a burger in a pizza dough wrap rather than a bun. It was good, and I'm glad I tried it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to have it again.  The best part of The Liberty Pub in North Bend, OR. was the woman rocking out on the piano while I waited for my food to cook.

Since I have some vegetables fermenting in the car, I was aware that I couldn't stay at any one beach for very long. The heat in the car would rise very quickly to levels that would cook them and kill my good bacteria, giving rise to the bad stuff. So we got to see lots of places for short periods.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats