2012 Sweat

Yesterday, I was up to 6 cups of veggies by 4pm, but then a trip to the airport took longer than expected and I got hungry and impatient so I had a burger and fries. My vegetable quota was not met yesterday; I had a couple of bananas for dessert, so by the end of the day, I was two shy of my goal.  I was five over the day before, so I’m wondering if I can carry some of those over to yesterday and call it even? haha. I’m just going to assume it will be fine if I just get back up to nine today. No worries. 
Yesterday was the first day I really let myself sweat. I’d been at this for four days, but I’d been preparing for and building up to it incrementally. Here is a video of the exercises I did yesterday. 

It was a stability and strength day and I was focused a lot on stabilizing my pelvis and my shoulders with my abdomen as I do movements from a variety of angles on an unstable and changing surface.  The intensity was only moderate; just enough to make me sweat and struggle a little bit. 
Today is more intense and the focus is on bursts of intensity.  The movements are more familiar to me, so I’ll be free to give it a little juice to get my breathing and pulse as high as I can without losing control. The goal is to go to extreme high energy output and give myself a very short recovery period and go again. My goal is to push as hard and as fast as I can without losing form, and ideally, without showing any outward signs of struggle. I”m a little bit sore from yesterday’s workout, but I intend to work right through that....

I had a blast sweating and struggling in today’s workout.  I earned my rest tomorrow.
Today I got back on track with my vegetable eating.  I did walk to the store to pick up a couple of bunches of kale.  And I have had an apple, 3 cups of broccoli, 1 cup of red cabbage, 2 cups of beets and 2 cups of kale so far. I’m up to nine cups and haven’t even had dinner yet.

I had some butternut squash and more broccoli with my country style ribs tonight. And then later, for dessert, I had a couple of bananas and some blueberries with peanut butter and honey.
So I went a little overboard on the vegetables today, with the total ending up at thirteen cups.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats