Cheese Made me Sleepy


Since I’ve started this program, I have felt great and had tons of energy. (If you don't know what program I'm talking about, scroll to the bottom of this page and click on Older Post to see what I'm doing.) So far, I’ve lost about two pounds of weight every day, so it’s safe to say that I have accumulated this nice list of ‘friendly’ foods:




carrots
beets
spinach
mixed salad greens
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
chia seeds
almonds
flax seeds
blue berries
coconut milk
zucchini
broccoli
kale
onions
ginger
garlic
garbanzo beans
chicken
pears
apples
shiitake mushrooms

On Day Four, I added only one ounce of goat cheese to my salad for lunch. And an hour later, I felt sleepy. I’m not going to jump to any conclusions yet, because it could possibly be related to something else. (Although nothing else in my diet is new except the cheese - I got plenty of sleep last night - didn’t feel sleepy before eating lunch... so the evidence is pretty damning against the cheese.)

I suppose the real test will come tomorrow morning when I weigh myself. According to the theory, if cheese isn’t good for my body, it will show up as symptoms and/or weight gain. Feeling tired after a meal is not normal; it could be a symptom of my body having a negative reaction to the food. But if I end up gaining weight as a result of eating a single ounce of cheese, it is a clear, undeniable indication that it doesn’t agree with my body and I shouldn’t be eating it.

I like cheese, but I don’t love it. I had been largely avoiding it for many years anyway because it was one of the foods I had decided was a ‘bad food’. With my new experiment, there will be no ‘bad foods’ only foods that aren’t good for ME.

So, if I haven’t gained weight tomorrow, I’ll consider this sleepiness a fluke and give cheese another test in a few days, but if I have gained weight, then I’ll keep it out of my diet as best I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats