JAG & River Rock Wyoming



Jason and River are headed to Lyman, Wyoming on June 19.

Lisa Bader presents JAG Nia
ROCKIN': A Nia Master Class

Lyman Intermediate School
Auxiliary Gym
100 N Franklin

5:30 - 7:00 pm
refreshments served afterwards

pre-register with Lisa Bader for $15
or pay $18 at the door

Jason and his faithful dog, River, are going to be passing through Wyoming on June 19. With the help of Lisa Bader, we're going to stop in Lyman to do a rockin' Nia class and we'd love for lots of happy, playful, dancing, sweating bodies came out to join us.

This is an auspicious event because it will be a full 90 minute Master Class version of the classic one hour Rockin routine. There is no special experience required to attend a master class, or a Nia class in general. The term Master Class only means that it is taught by a master so you can expect to get above and beyond what you might typically get in a classic class.  In this case, I plan to spend a few minutes going over some basics of human movement and Nia moves. Then we'll do an extended version of the routine wherein I can add back in a lot of songs I created, but couldn't include in the original routine for time purposes.

It promises to be an unforgettable and unique experience. I hope you join us.

This Classic Rock Nia routine focuses on the low, middle and high planes with the intention of gettin' down, chillin' out and gettin' high.

ROCKIN was created by Jason Alan Griffin. It was originally inspired by Helen Terry's routine to the Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, and by Bill Stewart setting a classic Nia routine to Rock n Roll music. I experienced them both in the same weekend at Soma Ranch and it took me to places I hadn’t yet gone in my Nia practice. I came back from that weekend newly inspired and I immediately went to work on what eventually became ROCKIN. I wasn't able to recreate the Bill or Helen's choreography, but I made up my own, so we will rock out to Pink Floyd, The Doors, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin and more rock favorites from the 60s and 70s.

(check out this bootleg video someone captured of me teaching Rockin in Olympia, Washington.)


Black Belt Jason Alan Griffin has loved teaching Nia since 1996. After teaching Nia and enjoying an acting and modeling career in New York City for more than a decade, he has recently relocated to Seattle and got a dog and a car and is now traveling around the country spreading the Nia love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats