Transformation 2011 - Day 22

This morning I woke up with a strange desire to get my workout over with. So I seized that opportunity to respond to what my body wanted and instead of sitting around answering my emails, writing in my blog and sipping my coffee, I did my moderate workout. 
I was having a bit of an issue with my shoulder, or my neck or my back, or something.  It wasn’t huge, but everything felt a bit different today. I took it easy and took this as an opportunity to really spend the time paying attention to my body’s specific needs. I worked slower and with more attention to customizing the movements and making them more sophisticated and specific. 
Then I showered quickly, ate a bowl of oatmeal with a handful each of walnuts and goji berries.  Notice that I’m not eliminating nuts altogether, I’m just being aware of my tendency to snack on them too much in the evenings. I also had a glass of kefir with my oatmeal.
When I got home from the Body Tuning studio, I made myself a pork chop but didn’t have anything with it.  Basically due to lack of time.  I had two clients on their way over. So, after the clients left, my stomach was growling and I ate a handful each of walnuts and cashews while I made dinner.
For dinner I had put some chicken breasts in the crockpot around 2pm and covered them with a mixture of peanut butter, soy sauce, salsa, coconut water and fresh ginger. It makes a delicious thai-influenced peanut sauce and cooks in five hours.  At 6:30, I steamed some chopped kale with cayenne pepper and served the chicken on top of it.  And on the side, I mixed quinoa and diced avocado with a little bit of tahini for a cold salad on the side.
And later, for my evening snack, I made another big, thick peanut butter and honey sandwich.  Even though I was complaining about that honey when I first got it, I grew to really like it. Once I removed the layer of crud, the honey underneath was really a treat.
All day today, my shoulder and neck on the right side (the side of my previous injury) was bothering me.  I couldn’t get comfortable and felt like I wanted a massage or an adjustment.  This is what it felt like when the injury originally occurred.  
I’m going to skip my intense workout tomorrow as a precaution, and make an appointment to have Shmuel Tatz tune my shoulder.

...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Purist

Routines From the Vault

Night Sweats